a simple roasted whole fish with olives, tomatoes and herbs
Gluten Free. Pescetarian.
photos by Morgan Ione Yeager
"This dish is a go to in our house because it's so easy to make and you can play around with many different flavours. Try stuffing the fish with things like sliced oranges or limes and herbs like tarragon or rosemary. You can throw some broccoli in the pan too for that extra hit of green. Play around and have some fun. You can't go wrong!"
INGREDIENTS: (serves 2)
1 whole white fish, gutted, cleaned and scaled (something like snapper is great for this)
1/2 lemon, sliced
fresh or dried herbs of choice
2 handfuls cherry tomatoes
2 handfuls olives
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C) and line a baking tray big enough to take the fish
- Lay the fish in the middle of the tray and stuff with the sliced lemon and herbs
- Add the olives, shallots and tomatoes to the tray and then drizzle everything with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Roast in the oven for about 20 mins or until the fish looks cooked.
- Serve with a simple rocket, parmesan and balsamic salad or rocket, fennel and pear. Enjoy!