the best cauliflower and rosemary pizza with sun dried tomato pesto you'll ever eat
Gluten Free. Dairy Free. Contains eggs.
photos by Morgan Ione Yeager
"The fabulous Liv Bates and i made a version of this pizza for a workshop we held in Sydney earlier this year and i have been obsessed with it ever since. It's incredibly easy to throw together, gluten and dairy free AND it tastes delicious! Of course if you eat dairy, adding parmesan cheese to the cauliflower mix is never a bad thing. Or if dairy isn't your thing, nutritional yeast works well in it's place, giving it that yummy cheesy flavor without the side effects.
However you make it though, this recipe is a serious winner!"
1/2 largish cauliflower, leaves peeled and roughly chopped with most of the stalk removed
1/2 cup quinoa or almond flour
2 large eggs
sea salt + pepper
1 cup semi or sun dried tomatoes (i used semi as i find them sweeter) The ones from the bulk section in the deli are the best as they are already marinated
handful fresh basil leaves
heirloom tomatoes, sliced
olive oil to drizzle
TO MAKE THE PESTO:
- Throw the semi/sun dried tomatoes into a food processor until smooth. Yep, that's it!
TO MAKE THE PIZZA:
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C) and line a small baking tray with baking paper
- Throw the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until crumbly
- In a large bowl lightly whisk the egg then add the cauliflower and flour and mix together well
- Every spread the mixture onto the baking tray
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle fresh rosemary on top
- Bake in the oven for about 20 mins or until you think it's hard enough without being burnt
- Top with the tomato pesto, fresh basil, freshly sliced heirloom tomatoes, cracked pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.