salmon en papillote (in a bag) with summer veg
Gluten free, Pescetarian, Dairy Free
photos by Luisa Brimble
"This is one of my go-to recipes as it's quick, easy and incredibly fresh and delicious. You can play around using different types of fish (a favourite of mine is halibut) and whatever in-season veg is available. Try using different herbs and spices too. You can give it a Mediterranean twist with tomatoes, onions and olives or French by using the herb tarragon with perhaps leeks or even artichokes. Have some fun and be creative!. You can't really lose with this one."
INGREDIENTS: (serves 2)
2 pieces wild salmon, skinned
1 small orange
1 small lemon
1 fennel bulb, sliced
handful or 2 of capers
1 spring onion, diced
handful or 2 of cherry tomatoes (i used heirloom)
1 small bunch broccolini
1 small green zucchini, sliced length ways
1 small yellow zucchini, sliced lengthwise
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- Tear off 2 pieces of parchment paper a little bigger than an A4 sheet in size (it doesn't have to be perfect, just enough to be able to fold over the salmon)
- Drizzle a little olive oil in the middle of the paper and then stack the fennel, zucchini, broccolini, tomatoes and spring onion.
- Top with the salmon and squeeze the juice of half of the orange and lemons onto it, using the rest as slices and placing them on top of the salmon.
- Drizzle with a little more olive oil, the capers and season with salt and pepper
- Fold in the end sides of the paper then the middle sides, rolling down the top until you have made a "bag"
- Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for about 20mins or longer if you prefer your salmon well done.
- Serve either in the paper or by gently scraping everything on to a plate.